Mercy Partners is committed to creating and maintaining environments that support the safety, wellbeing and participation of all people.
Mercy Partners’ ministries have a responsibility to safeguard children and at risk adults through promoting their welfare, health and development in a safe and caring environment that supports their best interests and prevents abuse.
Mercy Partners supports its ministries to ensure they are also committed to:
- Priorising the safety and best interests of the children and adults at risk whom they work with.
- Creating a culture of safety and respect in the leadership and governance of their ministry.
- Understanding the nature and risks of abuse and taking deliberate and immediate steps to prevent it.
- Encourage the participation of children, adults at risk, families and communities in providing feedback on and input into decisions that affect their safety.
- Responding to complaints of abuse sensitively, respectively, actively and in a timely manner, in accordance with its lawful obligations and its policies and procedures.
If you have any concerns relating to the safety and wellbeing of a child or vulnerable adult in any of our ministries, in the first instance, please contact the ministry Chair. We are available to support you in making connections with the right person.